I came across this recipe in the Fixate cookbook. I made minor changes to accommodate what I had on hand! So easy, quick marinade, and fast grill time! I served with sweet potato fries for the ultimate meal! My picky husband even approved! He told me to make it again… no he ORDERED me too 🙂
- 8 skewers
- 1 lb raw chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium-tamari soy sauce, gluten free (I used Bragg Liquid Aminos for an even healthier version!)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger (I used 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon as an alternative)
- Pineapple, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 large red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- If skewers are bamboo, soak in water for 30 minutes.
- Place chicken in resealable plastic bag (or container); add soy sauce/Bragg Liquid Aminos, oil, and ginger; seal bag and shake gently to mix. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill on medium heat.
- Place a piece of chicken, pineapple chunk, bell pepper, and onion onto a skewer. Repeat so the skewer has two pieces of each ingredient. Repeat with remaining skiers. Discard marinade that contained chicken.
- Grill skewers on covered grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve immediately.