This is a delicious Tuna marinade you can make at home! It’s bursting with flavor, super easy to make, and fantastic as an appetizer or dinner!
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (Bragg Liquid Aminos for clean eating!)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp granulated sugar ( I know not super clean)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- fresh tuna steaks
- Sriracha mayo for drizzling (optional, but delicious!)
- In a bowl, whisk together the first 7 ingredients to make the marinade.
- Place tuna in glass dish. Pour marinade over tuna, turning over to coat well throughout. Cover tightly and chill several hours (or overnight). Turn over at least once in the middle of marinade time.
- Heat 3 Tbsp olive oil in skillet until very hot. Sear tuna to liking. (1.5 minutes per side.)
- Serve room temp, warm, or chilled, whichever you prefer.
- Drizzle with sriracha mayo!
You can also garnish with cilantro, green scallions, and/or sesame seeds.