I got this delicious recipe from Autumn Calabrese’s Fixate cookbook. I am a sucker when it comes to banana muffins and usually they aren’t the healthiest treats in the world. When I came across HEALTHY and CLEAN banana muffins, I had to bake them immediately!!
For fixers, it’s 1 blue and 1 purple container!
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed rip banana (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1 Tbsp organic grass-fed butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda, gluten-free
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped apple (about 3/4 medium apple)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare nine muffins cups by lining with muffin tin liners.
- Combine eggs, banana, and butter in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add almond meal mixture to egg mixture; mix until blended.
- Add apple; mix until blended.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 16-18 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer muffins to rack; cool.
A few tips:
- You can make your own almond flour by processing 1 cup slivered almonds in a food processor or blender. Make sure that you pulse in 20-second intervals to prevent the almonds from turning into almond butter. 1 cup of slivered almonds yields approximately 1 cup of almond flour.
- If you’d like a little more fiber and some omega-3 fatty acids, replace 1/2 cup of your almond flour with 1/2 cup of flaxseed meal.
- To chop the apple, I used an all-in-one apple peeler, slicer and corer to make it easy!