Shakeology is a proven formula that has helped millions of people completely transform their lives, mine included! It’s a super food supplement shake that can help you lose weight, curb junk food cravings, provide healthy energy, and so much.
The fact that it is already proven to show people some serious results, I am THRILLED to hear that Beachbody has made the formula EVEN BETTER!
6 things to know about the new Shakeology Formula
1. The Vitamin and Mineral Composition is IMPROVED in the whey-based formulas only.
Recent research (from the Dietary Committee) revealed that there are some vitamins and minerals that many people do not consume enough of, as well as others that are consumed too much. For instance, it showed that many people do not get enough of Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, and Vitamin C and they consume too much vitamin A. In addition to this information, the research showed that some people may have different nutrient needs.
- Many women of child-bearing age do not consume enough of C, D and E; Folate (B9), Magnesium and Potassium.
- Vegetarians are often short on Calcium and Iron
- Overweight individuals may need more of Vitamins A, C, D, E, K, B12, Zinc, and Selenium.
The scientists at Beachbody created a new whey formula based on all the research that delivers more of the vitamins and minerals you need to help round out a healthy diet.
Vitamin and mineral changes for Shakeology:
- Increased levels of Vitamin D and Magnesium. Vitamin D is necessary for calcium absorption and supports healthy bones and muscle function and Magnesium helps support a variety of processes including normal muscle and nervous system function.
- Addition of Selenium, a trace element that can help the body stay healthy.
- Increased levels of Vitamins B6, B12, and Folate. Shakeology now has 50% of the daily value of each.
- Folic acid has been replaced with L-methylfolate, the active form of the nutrient that is easier for the body to use.
- The Vitamin K form — previously K1 — has been replaced with K2. Vitamin K helps maintain healthy bones.
- Cyanocobalamin, the previous Vitamin B12 form, has been replaced with methycobalamin which is more bioavailable. Vitamin B12 is important for the nervous system, for energy metabolism, and works with folate in the synthesis of DNA and red blood cells.
- The Vitamin E in Shakeology now uses the succinate form which is sourced from non-GMO sunflowers.
- Shakeology now includes less Vitamin A, Calcium, and Iron. While these are important nutrients, high supplemental levels may not be beneficial.
2. Key Vitamins and Minerals Are Now Easier for the Body to Absorb
When it comes to vitamins and minerals, quality, not just quantity matters. That’s why certain Folate, Vitamin K, and Vitamin B12 was replaced with forms that are easier for the human body to absorb and use.
3. New Ingredient: Matcha
Matcha is the powdered green tea leaf that has potent phytonutrients. Along with other superfood-phytonutrients in Shakeology, matcha can help support health and vitality. The matcha used in Shakeology comes from a USDA organic-certified supplier. Matcha has been enjoyed in Japan for centuries and it’s now featured in all flavors of Shakeology!
4. New ingredient: Chaga
Chaga is a woody mushroom, which along with other adapotgens in Shakeology, have been traditionally used to help the body adapt and respond to effects of stress. The chaga used in Shakeology is American grown from a supplier that is USDA organic certified.
5. New ingredient in vegan shakeology: Sacha Inchi
The non-vegan flavors have always had sacha inchi, which is a superfood native to Peru and is also known as an Inca nut. Sacha inchi is now a part of our protein blend across the full Shakeology product line, including our vegan flavors!
6. Fructose and Agave are REMOVED
Previously, fructose was an ingredient in the whey-based Shakeology and agave was an ingredient in Vegan Shakeology. While striving for the highest quality ingredients, the formulators discovered that replacing fructose and agave with organic cane sugar resulted in a more well-rounded sweetness. Plus, the sugar source is now organic.
A Few Frequently Asked Questions
When Will This New Shakeology Formula Be Available?
The new formula will begin shipping this month. The exact date varies by flavor. If your Shakeology bag includes matcha or chaga in the ingredient list, you have the new formula!
Can the Old Formula Shakeology Still Be Purchased?
No. Once the new Shakeology starts shipping, the old Shakeology has run out.
Is the Old Formula Safe to Consume?
Yes! The old formula is perfectly fine to consume within shelf life. The old version is great, but the new version is better!