This was a delicious salad! I made a big batch of grilled chicken (with salt + pepper) on the grill the beginning of the week so I did not marinate it and it was still delicious! AND so simple to make!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- cracked pepper, to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 4 cups of romaine lettuce (I also added baby spinach)
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 avocado
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives (or black olives)
- Lemon wedges (to serve)
- Whisk together all of the marinade/dressing ingredients in a large bowl. Pour half of marinade into a large, shallow dish. Refrigerate the remaining marinade to use as the dressing later.
- Add the chicken to the marinade in the bowl; marinade chicken for 15-30 minutes (or up to 2 hours). While waiting for the chicken, prepare the salad ingredients and mix in a large bowl.
- Once chicken is ready, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a grill pan or a grill plate over medium-high heat. Grill chicken on both sides until browned and completely cooked through.
- Allow chicken to rest for 3 minutes; slice and rearrange over salad. Drizzle salad with the remaining untouched dressing. Serve with lemon wedges.
Note: You can add 1/2 cup of crumbled feta for additional flavor!