My husband and I are HUGE tuna lovers. We are very picky when it comes to the sauce, the sides, and how the Tuna is prepared. When I came across this recipe in Fixate, I decided to give it a shot! And it was amazing!. My husband couldn’t stop talking about the pumpkin seed sauce.
Tuna & Veggies
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion cut into wedges
- 1 med bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground chili powder
- 4 (4-oz) raw ahi tuna steaks
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently for 5-6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft.
- Remove veggies from skillet. Set aside
- Combine salt, pepper, and chili powder in a small bowl, mix well.
- Coat all sides of ahi steaks with seasoning.
- Heat the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add Ahi Tuna.
- Sear for 2 minutes on each side or until desired. Remove from heat.
Pumpkin Seed Sauce
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 Sriracha chili sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cumin
- 1/4 coriander
- Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend, transfer to a skillet, saute on medium heat for 5 minutes until sauce is thick.