I came across this recipe from the Fixate cookbook and had to make it!! I made a few changes and additions to make it my own. It was delicious!! My husband loved it too!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped and seeded
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped and/or shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper + more to taste
- Avocado, fresh cilantro, crumbled Feta, cheddar, or preferred cheese as garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place tortillas on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until toasted and crispy. Remove from oven. When cool, break into pieces. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion, celery, jalapeño, and red pepper; cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes and until veggies are soft. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for about 1 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes and until tomatoes or soft. Set aside.
- Add the chicken broth, chicken, carrots, and seasonings. Bring to a boil over medium-heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Top each serving with avocado, cilantro, feta and tortilla chips.