Now THIS is the recipe that I can not stop ranting and raving about. I will never make chicken, beef, or shrimp tacos at home again!!
1/4 medium avocado, mashed
2 tbsp fresh salsa (pico de gallo)
1/4 cup Black Beans and Rice (recipe below)
1/4 cup cooked corn kernels
1 (6-inch) corn tortilla
Combine mashed avocado and fresh salsa in small bowl, mix well. Set aside.
Place Black Beans and Rice and corn on one half of tortilla; fold.
Serve with avocado and salsa mixture.
There will be tons of rice and beans leftover! Enjoy on the side! I also have combined all of the above ingredients in a bowl and it was just as delicious!!
RICE AND BEANS RECIPE
- 1/2 cup canned low-sodium black beans, drained
- 1/4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dash ground chili powder
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- Himalayan salt, to taste
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice, hot
- Combine beans, oil, chili powder, cumin, coriander, Bragg Liquid Aminos, and salt in a medium saucepan; mix well.
- Heat mixture over medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Gently fold rice into bean mixture.