When you are tired of the normal breakfast of eggs.. this is a great alternative! I got this recipe from the 21 Day Fix Extreme meal plan. I’m not a huge fan of oatmeal and when I heard it includes strawberries and peanut butter, it actually sounds like a disgusting combination. But I couldn’t be more wrong!! I am so glad I gave it a shot!
Fixers: 1 yellow, 1 purple, 1 tsp
- 1 cup of water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of steel cut oats
- 1 tsp all natural peanut butter
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- Bring water and salt to a boil in medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low.
- Add oats and cook, stirring frequently for about 15 or so minutes, or until water is just absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add peanut butter and mix well.
- Top with strawberries!