- 1 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 5 or 6 chicken thighs (I used bone-in, skin-on; but you can use boneless skinless, or chicken breasts)
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes
- fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a small saucepan, bring balsamic vinegar to a simmer over medium-low heat. Reduce heat to low or as needed and simmer partially covered for about 20 minutes, until vinegar has reduced to a thicken glaze. Remove from heat.
- While the vinegar is simmering, prepare the chicken. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large saute pan, add the tbsp of olive oil. I also added a little butte. Once melted and butter begins to sizzle, add chicken to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes each side. Depends on chicken thickness, you may have to add chicken to oven to fully cook.
- Top each chicken with slice of mozzarella. If still in the skillet, cover with lid until cheese is melted. If in oven, add cheese and take out when melted.
- Top each with slice of fresh tomato and basil.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze and serve!
Eat up! Enjoy!