Most of my recipes on my blog will be quick and easy for the busy weeknights and this is one of them! Panko Crusted Stuffed Chicken Breast with Ricotta, Spinach, Tomato, and Basil. I served with a side of spinach, mushrooms, and red onion, which was delish!
- 1 cup of low fat ricotta cheese
- Handful of chopped baby spinach
- Handful of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped (also can use seasoning if you don’t have fresh)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 chicken breasts
- Italian seasoned panko crumbs (ok, this might not make it 21 Day Fix approved but I count it as a yellow)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the ricotta, spinach, tomatoes, parmesan, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Rinse the chicken breasts and cut a long horizontal slit along the center of the chicken breast.
- Fill with cheese mixture.
- Dip the chicken breasts in panko bread crumbs and coat each side evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Throw it in the oven until chicken is fully cooked, between 20-30 minutes.